My Web Design
Web design has been a hobby of mine since Elementary School when I starting playing around with AOL’s free web hosting (if you can think back to the 90s when annoying addresses like http://members.aol.com/users filled browsers with pop ups – good times). Unfortunately school is always getting in the way of this hobby, but here are a few of the sites I’ve created:
- Healthcare Acronyms (HealthcareAcronyms.info) – I created healthcareacronyms.info in an effort to keep track of the thousands of acronyms I encountered in my career as a healthcare professional.
- Dave and Brea’s Wedding Website – I created a wedding website for my brother Dave and his fiancé, Brea.
- Collaborative Sourcing & Procurement (CSP) – My father’s website relating to current trends in the Sourcing & Procurement industry.
- IIE Course Evaluation Tool – During the summer of 2010 I created a php based, online course evaluation tool for the UW-Madison Institute of Industrial Engineers. I also completed a redesign of this website, changing it from a very narrow, fixed width to a fluid width and implementing the php calendar on the homepage.
- 2010 IIE Regional Conference Website – I was the Conference Co-Chair of the 2010 Institute of Industrial Engineers Regional Conference in Madison and this is the website that I designed for the conference and its logistics.
- Wii Easy Communicator Website – The website that I created with my friend Josh for our project course during the spring of 2009. The project required creating a communication program for individuals unfamiliar with the internet.
- Progressive Care Chiropractic – A website that I created for my friend Rhae’s chiropractic business.
- Badger Pregame Parties – Highlights of our weekly pregame parties, including my weekly invitation e-mails.
If you’re interested in having me design a web site for you or manage your current one, feel free to contact me. I have a background in Industrial Engineering and Human Factors and completed an eight month Usability Engineering Internship with GE Healthcare.